Plan My Sources
Plan your research process from beginning to end. This research planner might help.
- What types of information resources will you use?
- How many information sources do you need?
Find Information. Read Carefully.
Read! Read! Read! Skim and scan to get to the good stuff.
Did you find the information you need? Does it answer your questions?
Is it a fact? A fact is true information based on research.
For example: An ant is an insect.
- Is it an opinion? An opinion is someone's thoughts or ideas on a subject.
For example: I think ants are ugly.
- Is it up-to-date? Up-to-date means that the information is recent. Up-to-date resources include important new information.
Organize Your information
Use or Share Your Information
- What will you create or do to show what you learned? Here are some options.
Evaluate Your Work
Did you complete all parts of your assignment?
Does your project show what you learned?
What will you do differently with your next research task?